Panjab University, Chandigarh, after reviewing the status of COVID-19 cases in the campus and on the basis of recommendations of the Committee, constituted for this purpose, the Competent Authority has resumed the office timings of the University from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. with full strength wef 10th June,2021.
The competent authority has approved following measures to contain the spread of ongoing Corona pandemic, to be observed by all the offices of the Panjab University: –
1. The Office timings of the University shall be resumed to normal working hours, i.e. from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. with full strength. However, depending upon the staffing pattern and laydown of the office space, etc. if the Head of the Office/Department is of the view that staggering of timings/attendance is required to ensure proper compliance of COVID – 19 protocols, then he/she may stagger the timings and attendance of staff by issuing proper office orders giving appropriate justification for the same, subject to the condition that the normal day to day work as well as time bound assignments relating to the offices may not get affected.
2. There shall not be any public dealing up to 25.06.2021 except with the prior appointment of the concerned HOD that too for urgent issues only.
3. The Office staff shall avoid community lunch and any kind of get together to ensure proper physical distancing.
4. All staff must ensure appropriate COVID-19 compliant behavior, i.e., proper wearing of masks (covering both mouth and nose), proper physical distance, regular handwashing/sanitization, etc.
5. The entry and exit points shall be properly regulated to avoid any crowding.
6. The lifts shall work with the capacity of only two passengers and one operator.